Twillory is proud to introduce to you, the snazziest man in our office, Dapper Jack! A Pre-Law graduate from Towson University, Jack has experienced a trajectory of maturity in style since his early college days. Fast forward years later, now a stud on the Twillory team, Jack has transitioned from “loud outfits that stood out” to an aura of “subtle elegance.” Through his ascension into dapperness, Jack has dabbled in personal shopping and styling for his peers, specializing in toning outfits for specific occasions.
We invite you to get to know Dapper Jack a little bit better.
- Personal fitness and exercise lead directly to well-fitting clothes. This is not a coincidence.
- Tone it down for subtle elegance – extravagance is not necessary after a certain age.
I used to put loud colors together, and try hard to mix patterns that really clashed. I would wear neon yellow, and neon purple, and sometimes throw in other colors. Now I’ve discovered and learned the hard way, that sometimes monochrome, or one or two colors is a safer, and better look.
- You can convey seriousness, humor or any other type of mood, just by what you choose to put on in the morning.
- As far as Twillory goes, my personal favorite shirt is the Royal Blue Panama shirt. But to be honest, I love all 19 of them. I am consistently thinking of different ways that I want to style each shirt.
- It’s been said time and time again, but the most important aspect of any clothing or style is the way the clothes fit. Someone with no fashion sense? I’d tell them to become good friends with a tailor, and focus on basics. Fit is King, and a tailor can help you achieve that. Basics are just as important as those loud statement pieces.
- I think that a clean pattern adds a lot of visual interest to an otherwise boring look. Gingham is a safe and easy pattern that most guys can get behind and look good in, so it’s caught on with most guys. Other patterns require a little bit more of a know-how, and you’ll find less guys experimenting with them.
Jack believes that “clothing gives a man the opportunity to make a first impression without saying any words.” He focuses on tailored chinos, crisp oxford shirts and wingtips, considering these choices to still depict the youthful nature of his spiffiness. His interests – fitness, jazz music, cooking – play supremely into his elegant style.
Want to see some of Jack’s dapper digs? Check out his instagram, @jack_esss, here! Like any of the shirts you see – the French Cuff White Sea Island Twill, the Black Mini Gingham, the Purple Gingham? Check them out at Twillory.com. New users save 20%, just plug in promo code FIRSTTIMERS!
Want style tips? Email email@example.com
Sabir Peele (mensstylepro)
Head of hugely popular men’s fashion and style blog, Men’s Style Pro, Sabir has a deep passion for menswear and all things manly. Selected as one of the “5 Best Dressed Men In America” by Esquire Magazine in 2010 & as the 2013 #GQFall Best Dressed Man, Sabir finds his way around the web in an attempt to seek out “the cool” of #menswear. Stay up to date on Men’s Style Pro doings on Twitter & Instagram @MensStylePro.
Samuel Pyo (samuelpyo)
Welcome back to the Twillory Blogger Lookbook: 19 Looks by 19 Stylish Men! For this post, we’d like to introduce you to the merging of two worlds — business and fashion. Samuel Pyo is a Canadian healthcare technology worker, also known to more than 13,000 followers as @samuelpyo on his Instagram page. We asked Pyo to mix Twillory into his business look, and he chose the Blue Stripe – French Cuff as the shirt for his suit-and-tie combo. Check out the snazzy results in these pictures! Keep reading for Pyo’s thoughts on the world of business attire as well as for tips on how to balance ushering in a newborn baby with dressing sharply for the work world.
Shop the Blue Stripe – French Cuff at 50% off when purchasing any other Twillory shirt this week. Just use the promo code “@samuelpyo” when checking out!
Blake Scott (blakescott_)
We welcome you back to the Twillory Blogger Lookbook in our series of 19 looks by 19 stylish men, and introduce to you Los Angeles style blogger Blake Scott, also known on Instagram as @blakescott_. Blake modeled the Brown/Blue Gingham for us in the city of Angels and then hung around to answer a few style-related questions for our Twillory Men.